Do You Want To Sell Your House By This Spring?
Are you going to sell your home this spring? There are several things you can do before your real estate agent hangs the sign outside your front lawn. Hint: Spring home selling does not need to be complicated. The following six tips are simple enough for even the most novice of homeowners can do.
The Six Ways To Get Home Ready For A Sale This Spring
1) You need to make your curb attractive to potential home buyers, even if they are just passing by. Your home’s curb appeal says a lot about what the rest of the house is going to look like. We recommend doing some lawn work and make everything on your lawn look as good as you can. You never know who might walk by and want to take a look, even if your agent has yet to post your home online.
2) Do you have any minor repairs that need to be taken care of? You should start them ASAP. One minor dent in a window will cause a potential buyer o look elsewhere. They teach you that in Spring Home Selling 101. Another tip for how the homeowner can help get the house ready is to repair the windows and vents. Your home needs to look as pristine as it can get. One leaky faucet can discourage a buyer who is ready to move in right away.
3) Potential buyers want to see your home become theirs. They want to walk in an image their things in the house, not yours. Hint: How homeowner can help get the house ready is to remove as many of their items as they can. In other words, place the items you are not using in a storage unit. They will need to be there when you move anyway.
4) Did you know that a messy house gives the impression that you do not have the room for everything you have? Now, some things cannot be helped. However, if you can help the matter than you should clean it up. Clean out the closets. Get rid of anything you do not intend to keep once you move. Decluttering your home and life can give you a new lease on life anyway. It helps you to see what you no longer need in your life at the present time.
5) You might want to paint your home a neutral color. Some people do not like buying a home that is orange and red. That is for example purposes only.
6)Do you have bad odors around your home, including that nasty smell you cannot seem to get rid of for the last two weeks? Find a way to get rid of the odors. Hire someone to do it for you if you need to. That is just one of the many ways to get the home ready for a potential buyer. You might also consider giving your home an outside wash. Turn on the hose and let the water do the rest. Close all your windows and doors before you turn on the hose. Make sure that any new paint has a chance to dry first.
When you are ready to sell contact the experts on the Barker Team, they will make everything easy from the beginning to the very end.